Monday, March 19, 2012

Blah Blah Blah


What is the need to understand the circumstances in which the artist has created something?? Can’t art itself give the perspective or the visualization of the artist? Abstract art provides the freedom to user to interpret in their own way, but I believe artist still have some broader theme on which he/she wants the viewer to visualize. Why is that, to understand abstract art, one need to understand lot of other things like artists age, circumstance in which it was created, psychology of the creator etc??? In my view that defeats the purpose of creating the abstract art. For me, abstract art should be capable of providing the perspective to a person who has no relation to the art world or to the person who is first time seeing a piece of art. I know that i am completely unreasonable and not making sense.
Can this be called as art http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3040891.stm , there are millions of such things are happening around us and for me its not art. I am not raising any debate on what should be called as art.
I as a human have a tendency to capture everything that looks good, in childhood days I captured butterflies, beetles and put them in a match box or some other small box and enjoyed seeing it. Once the butterfly or beetle is dead, i took the wings of them and put them on a plastic to make beautiful looking material and i could not recreate it any other time, is that called "art"?? After growing up, i started capturing the beautiful things of nature in my camera in my perspective, in my angle and felt happy that i captured something good. I seriously don’t know, if that can be called as art.
Another question that comes to me is, whether the art limited to humans, painting, music, photography and that entire human can create and cannot repeat/reproduce???
Nature by itself is not creating so called "art", like the cloud patterns, river amidst of trees, flowers, trees and everything in nature. I as a human, would like to display according to my perspective, my mood and I proudly call that as art... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment